Facebook posts – The News Feed is the story list in the center of your home page that is continually updated. News Feed contains status updates, photos, videos, connections, app behavior and likes that you follow on Facebook from individuals, pages, and groups.
Posts That Appears On your Newsfeed
Posts that you see in News Feed are meant to keep you connected to the people, places, and things that you care about, starting with your friends and family.
Posts that you see first are influenced by your connections and activity on Facebook. The number of comments likes and reactions a post receives and what kind of story it is (example: photo, video, status update) can also make it more likely to appear higher up in your News Feed.
Posts that you might see first include:
- A friend or family member commenting on or liking another friend’s photo or status update.
- A person reacting to a post from a publisher that a friend has shared.
- Multiple people replying to each other’s comments on a video they watched or an article they read in News Feed.
Bear in mind that you can change your settings if you find you’re missing posts that you’d like to see or see posts in your News Feed that you don’t want to see.
Why You Are Seeing Non-friend’s Posts?
Your News Feed includes posts about your friends’ activity on Facebook, including when your friends comment on posts from people you’re not friends with.
You also might see posts about your friends commenting in public groups that you’re not a member of.
If you don’t want to see posts in your News Feed about a friend’s activity on Facebook, you can:
- Unfollow that friend
How to unfollow a person, Page, or group on Facebook
When you unfollow someone, you won’t see their posts in News Feed, but you’ll still be friends with them.
To unfollow a person, Page, or group from News Feed:
- Click on the three dot at the top right of their post.
- Select Unfollow [Name].
To unfollow a person, Page or group directly:
- Go to the profile, Page or group you want to unfollow.
How to reconnect with a person, Page or group on Facebook that you unfollowed
You can reconnect with a person, Page or group that you unfollowed by following them again. Only you will see the change. The person, Page or group won’t be notified that you followed them again.
To follow a person, Page or group from your News Feed preferences:
1. Click on the account at the top right of Facebook as shown below.
2. Select Settings and Privacy > News Feed Preferences.
3. Click Reconnect.