Facebook Messenger App – On FB, we’re all used to talking to our friends using the Chat app, and texting them, this has become much more popular than ringing or sending them a text.
It is not unusual, however, to be contacted by people you don’t know, for example, if you sell anything on the FB marketplace, anyone interested might contact you to receive more details about the item you sell. Or maybe you’ve got irritating messages from someone you don’t know, and you want to stop that person from contacting you. So, here’s what you can do to get your Messenger app to delete them.
Are you looking for a way to delete a contact from your Facebook messenger? Or are you looking for a way to delete all people off messenger? This post is rightly made for you.
In this post, you’ll learn how to delete or remove messenger contacts in either your friend lists, nonfriends list, phones contact and how to turn off phone contacts synchronization with FB Messenger.
How To Remove Messenger’s Contact From your Friend’s List
There is no actual button for doing this, but with this process, you can delete or remove FB messenger’s contact from your friend’s list.
- Open Your messenger app
- Click on the people’s icon at the bottom
- Tap on the contact to delete or remove
- Tap the info icon at the top right corner
- Tap on Block
- Chose to block on messenger
That is the process of deleting or removing a contact from your messenger. That is the only way for now as Facebook has not provided any button to directly delete or remove.
Blocking does the same thing, it will delete that contact from your messenger and the contact wont be able to message you again.
How To Remove A Non FB friends from Messenger contacts
If your upload contacts is enabled, your phone’s contact automatically synchronizes with FB messenger.
If such people have been messaging you and you are not comfortable with it, you can follow this process and learn how to remove Non FB friends from your messenger contacts.
- Open Your messenger app
- Click on the people’s icon at the bottom and from there tap the people’s icon again at the top right corner of the app to find those contacts to remove or delete as shown below.
- Tap on the info icon right to that contact
- Click on Remove contact, then Remove to confirm
How To Remove All Non Fb Friends from Messenger contact
Are you tired of unknown message request? you can remove all Non Facebook friends from messenger, follow this process.
- Open your FB messenger app
- Tap on the profile at the top left corner of the app
- Scroll on to find the people option an Tap it
- Click on Manage contacts
- Go to the non friends list and tap on Delete all contacts to Delete
How To Stop Automatic Contacts Sync on Messenger App
You can stop seeing strangers in your Facebook messenger’s active list by turning off the automatic contact sync on Fb messenger. Here is how to do it.
- open your messenger app
- Tap on your profile at the top left corner of the messenger app
- scroll down to tap on people
- Tap on upload contacts
- Then click on the Turn Off button at the bottom.
How To Unfriend Someone on FB Messenger
It is not difficult as may have thought, it easy and straight forward. But you need to know that unfriending someone on FB Messenger will delete that friend permanently from messenger. Follow the steps below to Unfriend a friend on FB messenger
- Open your messenger app
- Click on who you want to unfriend
- Click on the friend’s profile picture to open the chat
- Click on the info icon at the top right corner of the app
- Tap on the profile button under the friend’s name
- Click on View Profile on Facebook button
- Click on the friends icon, then tap on the unfriend option and click on confirm to confirm
I hope this article helped you to deleted or remove unwanted friend from your Facebook messenger.
Kindly share with your friends to also help them.
If there is any other thing you thing we can be of help, drop in the comment box below and it will be attended to.