Facebook Shops make it easy for businesses to set up a single online store for customers to access on both Facebook and Instagram. Creating a Facebook Shop is free and simple.
Businesses can choose the products they want to feature from their catalog and then customize the look and feel of their shop with a cover image and accent colors that showcase their brand.
This means any seller, no matter their size or budget, can bring their business online and connect with customers wherever and whenever it’s convenient for them.
Facebook Shops – It’s all been about Facebook linking you to what you want. It means friends and family, but also goods, businesses as well
For years, people have used Facebook apps to buy and sell stuff from the early days of uploading a bicycle photo with the caption “for sale,” to sell your coffee table on the marketplace, and now shopping styles on Instagram from your favorite brands and influencers.
Live Shopping Features
To create a Facebook page, you also need a Facebook account. This is to help you manage the page effectively. For time’s sake, I would not list out the process to open a Facebook account here. A Facebook account can easily be opened from any of the Facebook apps or the Facebook official site at www.facebook.com. After creating a Facebook account, you can follow the steps below;
- Navigate to www.facebook.com on your PC and log in if you haven’t done so.
After successfully logging in, you should be on your Facebook account news feed.
- From your account news feed, click the “create” tab and a new menu would be displayed.
- On the new menu, select “page”.
- You would be redirected to a new page where you would be asked to choose the kind of page you want to create. Choose the type of page you want to create and give your page a name. I highly suggest you use the name you intend to use for your online store for this page.
How to Set Up Your Facebook Online Store
This can easily be done if you already have a Facebook page. To set up your online store on Facebook;
1. Open your Facebook page as the admin and click the settings tab.
2. When the page loads, scroll the left column to “templates and tab”.
3. After clicking a new page would pop up, on that page, scroll down to find “Shop”.
4. Click edit beside the shop tab and turn on the tab.