Facebook Shopping – Facebook Shops makes selling online easy.
As many businesses are creating and strengthening their digital presence, Facebook is building new tools to help make online shopping easy.
What is Facebook Shop?
Facebook Shopping – Facebook Shops is the first mobile shopping experience where businesses can conveniently create a free online shop on Facebook and Instagram.
Shops let you choose which of your items you want to feature, merchandise with product collections, and tell your brand story with customizable fonts and colors. In Facebook Shops, you’ll be able to connect with customers through WhatsApp, Messenger, or Instagram Direct to answer questions, offer support, and more.
Facebook is partnering with Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Channel Advisor, CedCommerce, Cafe24, Tienda Nube, and Feedonomics to give small businesses the support they need.
These organisations offer powerful tools to help entrepreneurs start and run their businesses and move online. Now, they’ll help small businesses build and grow their shops on Facebook and use our other commerce tools.
How To Set Up Your Facebook Online Shop?
Design your shop to reflect your brand.
Customise your collections with the products you want to showcase and use eye-catching imagery and design elements that build your brand identity just like the Handmade Garments shop below. Shop setup is easy and takes just a few minutes.
Facebook Shops – Sell from anywhere in your customisable online shop.
There are two ways to set up your Facebook Online Shop…
You can set up your online shop on Facebook Commerce Manager or by using an Ecommerce Platform.
Set Up Facebook Shops in Commerce Manager
With Facebook Shops, you can display and sell items on Facebook and Instagram. Anyone who visits your shop will see your items and can browse them. You can customize your shop by adding featured collections.
If you use a website to sell your items, you can send people to your website from your Facebook or Instagram shop to complete their purchase.
Follow the steps below to set up a shop in this way or learn how to set up a shop with checkout.
You can also set up a shop from your Facebook business Page, then customize your shop in Commerce Manager.
Before you begin
You may need to create a Commerce account in Commerce Manager to get started.
To set up a shop on Facebook, you must:
- Be a Business Manager admin
- Own your Facebook Page and catalog in the same Business Manager
- Have Manage Page permissions for the Page and Manage catalog permissions for the catalog in Business Manager
- Read On: Benefits Of Checkout On Facebook and Instagram
To set up a shop on Instagram, you must:
- Be a Business Manager admin
- Own your Instagram business account, Facebook Page and catalog in the same Business Manager
- Have Manage Page permissions for the Facebook Page connected to the Instagram business account
- Have Manage catalog permissions for the catalog
Create your shop
You need to use a computer to set up your shop in Commerce Manager.
- Go to Commerce Manager.
- Click Get Started to go to the Create Your Shop page.
- In the Start Setting Up Your Shop section, select Your Website. Click Get Started.
- In the Choose Your Business section, you’ll see a list of Facebook Pages you’re a Page admin on. Select the business you’d like to add your shop to and Click Next.
- In the Account Details section, provide an Account Name and select a Business Account. Click Next.
- In the Where People Can View Your Shop section, select where you’d like to create your shop. If you have an Instagram business profile and a Facebook Page, you can select both.
- In the Catalog section, select an existing catalog or create a new one and click Next.
- Look over your shop details, review and agree to the Seller Performance and Accountability Policies and click Create Your Shop.
You’ve now created your shop. Next, you’ll want to:
- Create a collection: You can create collections of 6 to 30 products.
- Customize your shop: You’ll choose your featured collection and customize the look and feel of your shop.
- Publish your shop: People can see your shop once we review and approve your collections, typically within 24 hours.
Benefits Of Selling On Facebook Online Shopping
- You can communicate with your customers, know their needs and complaints
- You can add an unlimited number of products
- Ability to organize and arrange your products into collections and categories
- You have access to see stats on your sales and the number of people that visit your page