If you’re having trouble logging into your Facebook account, here are some things you can try.
Try recovering your Facebook account
- Go to facebook.com/login/identify and follow the instructions. Make sure to use a computer or mobile phone that you have previously used to log into your Facebook account.
- Search for the account you want to recover. You can search for your account by name, email address, or phone number.
- Follow the on-screen steps to reset the password for your account.
Recover your Facebook account from a friend’s or family member’s account
- From a computer, go to the profile of the account you’d like to recover.
- Click on the three dots below the cover photo.
- Select Find support or report profile.
- Choose Something Else, then click Next.
- Click Recover this account and follow the steps.
If your password isn’t working or you don’t remember your password
Try resetting your password.
How do I change or reset my Facebook password?
Change Your Password
To change your password on Facebook if you’re already logged in:
- Click the v icon in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & Privacy, then click Settings.
- Click Security and Login.
- Click Edit next to Change password.
- Enter your current password and new password.
- Click Save Changes.
If you’re logged in but have forgotten your password, follow the steps under Change Your Password then click Forgot your password? and follow the steps to reset it. Keep in mind that you’ll need access to the email associated with your account.
Reset Your Password
To reset your password if you’re not logged in to Facebook:
- Go to the Find Your Account Page.
- Type the email, mobile phone number, full name or username associated with your account, then click Search.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- For security reasons, you won’t be able to use the same mobile phone number that you use for two-factor authentication to help you reset your password. You’ll need to have a different mobile phone number or email address added to your account to reset your password if you ever need to.