Only you can see your Facebook activity log, but the posts and other content in your activity log may appear in other places on Facebook, like on your timeline, in search or in your friends’ News Feeds.
To get a sense of your life, your Facebook timeline is what your friends look at, and it’s also where they leave public messages for you. The posts of your friends become part of your past in this way (just as in real life).
Therefore, it’s very important for you to know how to use FB activity log to manage your timeline activities because when friends visit your Timeline, they’ll also see a version of the share box that you see.
To avoid overflooding your timeline with irrelevant posts, tags, shares, or even comments that are not comfortable to you on your timeline, you need to know How to Manage your Facebook activity log.
In this post, you will learn how to find FB activity log on Facebook app and on web browser. You will also discover How To Use Facebook Activity Log To Manage Your Timeline.
What is Facebook activity log?
Facebook Activity log is a place where you can review and manage your Facebook activity. You can scroll through your content, or you can filter your content by category to review specific things like posts, posts you’re tagged in, photos and videos, friend requests, and your events.
Your activity log is a list of your posts and activity, from today back to the very beginning. You’ll also see stories and photos you’ve been tagged in, as well as the connections you’ve made – like when you liked a Page or added someone as a friend.
What’s included in the activity log?
You’ll find many categories of your Facebook activity in activity log, organized by the date you added it to Facebook (starting with the most recent activity). Keep in mind, this means when you add a life event to your timeline, it will show up in your activity log on the day you added it, not the day of the event itself.
Categories of your information in the activity log include:
- Posts, Photos, and Videos
- Posts You’re Tagged In, Photos You’re Tagged In
- Likes and Reactions, Comments
- Profile info, Emails & Phone numbers, Relationships
- Added Friends, Removed Friends, Sent friend requests, Received friend requests,
- Following, Pages, Page likes, and Interests
- Search History, Logins and Logouts, Recognized Devices, Hidden From Timeline
- Group Posts, Comments, and Reactions, Events You’ve Created, Your Event Responses
You can use activity log to:
- Find a specific activity you’re looking for.
- Remove a search from your search history.
- Hide or remove posts on Facebook.
- View things you’ve hidden on your timeline.
How To find Facebook activity log on Facebook App?
To view your activity log:
1. After you’ve logged in your on your Facebook app, click on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of your FB App
2. Select Settings & Privacy > Settings.
3. And as you scroll down, here you go your Facebook Information > your activity log
How To Find Facebook activity log on a Web browser?
1. After you’ve logged in your FB account on a web browser, click on the emoticon at the top right corner of the web > Settings & Privacy
2. select settings > activity log
How To Use Facebook Activity Log To Manage Your Timeline
Your activity log lets you review and manage what you’ve shared on Facebook. By default, it shows your activity from the current year, starting with your most recent activity.
Keep in mind that only you can see your activity log, but stories in your activity log may appear other places on Facebook, like on your Timeline, in search or in your friends’ News Feeds.
Step-by-step Process on How to use FB activity log
You can use the filters in your activity log to find specific things on Facebook, such as your posts, your photos and videos, things you’ve been tagged in and things you’ve hidden from your timeline.
1. select filters
2. Select Category and if you want to manage likes, comments, reactions and more, select Interactions.
3. Under interactions, select whatever you want to manage and do as you wish
4. Select Filters > Date, if you need to manage activity on a specific date
Facebook activity log gives you control over your timeline, learn how to use it, and manage what appears on your timeline.
Do you have friends who complain about unwanted posts on their timeline?
This post can be of help to them, share with your friends.