7 Security Tips To Secure Your Facebook account – Hacking of Facebook accounts and other security threats are increasing daily.
On this note, Facebook has set up some security tips to help everyone secure their Facebook accounts from hackers and scammers.
Do Yo Care About Your Loved Ones? If yes
Then Secure Your Facebook Account Today, there’s no better day than today
The interest of whoever wants to hack your Facebook account is to scam your loved ones. This is the more reason you have to secure your accounts to stop them from defrauding your loved ones.
Securing Your account is equal to Operation Stop Scammers from Defrauding your loved ones
You can use security features like login alerts and approvals, and review and update your Security Settings at any time.
Here in this post, we’ve listed the 7 Tips you can use to keep your account safe.
Keep Your Facebook Account Secure!!!
7 Security Tips To Keep Your Facebook Account Secure
1. Protect your password
- Don’t use your Facebook password anywhere else online, and never share it with other people.
- Your password should be hard to guess, so don’t include your name or common words.
How can I make my Facebook password strong?
When you create a new password, keep in mind:
- Your password should be easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess.
- Your Facebook password should be different than the passwords you use to log into other accounts, like your email or bank account.
- Longer passwords are usually more secure.
- Your password should not be your email, phone number or birthday.
If you see a message letting you know the Facebook password you entered isn’t strong enough, try mixing together uppercase and lowercase letters.
You can also make the password more complex by making it longer with a phrase or series of words that you can easily remember, but no one else knows.
2. Never share your login information
- Scammers may create fake websites that look like Facebook and ask you to login with your email and password.
- Always check the website’s URL before you enter your login information. When in doubt, type www.facebook.com into your browser to get to Facebook.
- Don’t forward emails from Facebook to other people, since they may have sensitive information about your account
3. Log out of Facebook when you use a computer you share with other people
- If you forget, you can log out remotely.
How do I log out of Facebook on another computer, phone, or tablet?
You can manage where you’re logged into Facebook in Security and Login Settings. The Where You’re Logged In section lists where you’re currently logged in. Each entry includes a date, time, location and device type.
To log out of Facebook on another computer, phone or tablet:
- Go to your Security and Login Settings.
- Go to the section Where You’re Logged In. You may have to click See More to see all of the sessions where you’re logged in.
- Find the session you want to end. Click and then click Log Out.
Clicking Log Out will immediately log you out of Facebook on that device.
4. Don’t accept friend requests from people you don’t know
- Scammers may create fake accounts to friend people.
- Becoming friends with scammers might allow them to spam your timeline, tag you in posts and send you malicious messages.
5. Watch out for malicious software
- Malicious software can cause damage to a computer, server or computer network.
- Learn the signs of an infected computer or device and how to remove malicious software.
- Keep your web browser up to date and remove suspicious applications or browser add-ons.
6. Never click suspicious links, even if they appear to come from a friend or a company you know
- This includes links on Facebook (example: on posts) or in emails.
- Keep in mind that Facebook will never ask you for your password in an email.
- If you see a suspicious link on Facebook, report it.
7. Use Facebook’s extra security options
- You can also get alerts about unrecognized logins, and set up two-factor authentication.
- If you’re logged into Facebook on a computer, you can use Security Checkup to review your security settings.
If you apply these 7 tips to your Facebook account, then you have helped to save your loved ones from Scammers.
Secure your Facebook accounts today to save your loved ones from scammers tomorrow!!!
Please Share and in case of any challenge, you can leave us a comment.